Ip Man 3 is a 2015 Hong Kong biographical martial arts film directed by Wilson Yip, produced by Raymond Wong and written by Edmond Wong with action choreography by Yuen Woo-ping.
about IP MAN 3
It is the third in the Ip Man film series based on the life of the Wing Chun grandmaster Yip Man and features Donnie Yen reprising the title role. The film also starsMike Tyson, and Yip Man’s pupil Bruce Lee is portrayed by Danny Chan.
Principal photography commenced in March 2015 and ended in June that year. The premiere of the film was released in Hong Kong on 16 December 2015, and officially released in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia on 24 December 2015.
It opened in Taiwan on 31 December 2015, New Zealand and United Kingdom on 15 January 2016 and one week later in Australia. It was released in the United States on 22 January 2016, and was released in mainland China on 4 March 2016. The film received positive reviews and eight Hong Kong Film Award nominations, including Best Film and Best Director.
- Donnie Yen as Yip Man (葉問)Chinese martial art master on Wing-chun Fist. Bruce Lee’s teacher. Ip Chun and Ip Ching’s father.
- Zhang Jin as Cheung Tin-chi (張天志)A martial artist from the same school with Ip Man, he is a jinrikisha puller for a survival before opening a martial art school.
- Lynn Hung as Cheung Wing-Sing (張永成) Ip Man’s wife; Ip Chun and Ip Ching’s mother.
- Patrick Tam as Ma King-sang (馬鯨笙) Former disciple of a martial artist, local Triad leader.
- Karena Ng as Miss Wong (黃老師)Ip Ching’s school teacher.
- Kent Cheng as Fat Po (肥波)British Hong Kong Police Officer head, friend of Yip Man.
- Bryan Leung as Tin Ngo-san (田傲山)
- Louis Cheung as Tsui Lik (徐力)
- Danny Chan as Bruce Lee (李小龍)
- Babyjohn Choi as Newspaper reporter
- Mike Tyson as Frank The boss of a triad.
- Tats Lau as Principal
- Yu Kang as Master Tam
- Lo Mang as Master Law
- Leung Siu-hung as Master Lee
- Chen Chao as Master Chan
- Sarut Khanwilai as Thai Boxer